Saturday, December 17, 2011

Shoji screen

In traditional Japanese architecture, a shōji (障子) is a door, window or room divider consisting of translucent paper over a frame of wood which holds together a lattice of wood or bamboo. While washi is the traditional paper, shōji may be made of paper made by modern manufacturing processes; plastic is also in use. Wikipedia
The floor is tatami. Wikipedia
I want to have a shoji screen, since my bed room and family room are the same. My boyfriend is also moving in with his black furniture.
His style is very simple (which I like), but I also like chandeliers and huge flower arrangements. We both are very disorganized but would like neat surroundings. The home theatre system needs to look good too.
So I thought japanese style would be the best compromise.

The screen from Ikea is probably the one we are going to get.


I have considered making a lamp from that style too. Maybe I could come up with compatible bedside tables.








No comments: